The NDISP Team are in Cairns moving people into one of our Real High Physical Support houses in Smithfield. It is our absolute favourite thing to do. We got the keys at 5pm on Thursday and were moving people in at 8am on Friday. It’s actually way quicker than we wanted, we normally spend a week or so testing and making sure everything is awesome. Unfortunately there is no quality SDA in Cairns and the demand is such the guys just couldn’t wait to move in so had it all booked for as soon as they could.
Our next Real HPS SDA House in Earlville is 8 weeks from finishing but unfortunately is full already. Luckily we do have another one due to start construction in Smithfield. We also have 6 x 2 bedroom Real HPS SDA units in Earlville, 5 x 2 Bedroom units in Smithfield and 5 x 2 Bedroom units in Gordonvale. Lot’s more to come.
NDISP only has “Real Specialist Disability Accommodation”. Real SDA means that it’s actually fit for purpose and works for the people who want to live there, not just the cheap minimum standard rubbish that is so prevalent at the moment.
Our REAL HPS SDA in Cairns have all of the following installed:
- Ceiling rails across bed and into ensuite, through shower and charges over the toilet;
- Auto doors inside and out;
- Automated lights, fans, blinds
- 1200mm wide doors
- 1500mm wide hallways (minimum)
- Massive ensuites to every room – luxury resort style
- Enterprise grade access control
- Enterprise grade wifi
- Enterprise phone system with unlimited local an national calls
- Separately metered and billed electricity to each room