NDISP HPS SDA Properties are “REAL” High Physical Support – That is They are Fit for Purpose on Day One
That means that they can really be used by participants with High Physical Support Needs as soon as they are complete. No having to wait for an assistive technology application to be completed and more equipment to be put in. No small doors or bad turning circles that just fit.
SDA Design Guidelines are ABSOLUTE MINIMUM
Just because a property meets the SDA Design Guidelines doesn’t mean it is fit for purpose, it’s the minimum. Yes sure it might meet the needs a few but it’s the minimum standards.
NDISP REAL HPS Properties
- Real ceiling rails across the bed through the shower and in front of the toilet
- Real wide doors – 1200mm wide
- Real easy to navigate hallways – 1500mm wide
- Real automated doors – you can open them with a tag on your chair, a button, your phone, your tablet, voice or any other device we can get to interact
- Real automated blinds
- Real automated lights
- Real automated fans
- Real automated air con
- Real wide spaces around beds